Taos Men's Detox And Residential Addiction Treatment Center
Saving Lives and Families
SEE WHAT OUR VALUED PATIENTS SAY
Taos Men's Recovery Center is a unique drug detox and residential rehabilitation treatment center built around helping you heal and rebuild. Nestled in the Sangre de Cristo mountains in the Carson National Forest, the Shadow Mountain Recovery Center in Taos is an ideal setting for individuals who need a focused respite from their daily lives to discover paths for healing and recovery. With nearly 40 acres of pristine mountainous terrain, our clients can enjoy the beauty of nature (elk, deer, bear, coyote, eagles, hawks, owls, wild turkey, bobcats, and mountain lions - to name a few) while engaging in deep introspection necessary for healing and recovery.
With the red hills and the painted skies of the gorgeous Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Taos conveys the idea of peace and openness that we encourage in our patients.
Coming to the Southwest for healing isn’t a new idea. From the holy sands in Chimayo to natural springs with purported healing powers, it is no secret that there is a certain charm and mystique in the culturally rich lands of the Southwest that draws people in.
We believe that healing and recovery happen within the context of relationships and community. As such, creating a culture and climate conducive to recovery is a priority in the program. Our location gives us the unique opportunity to draw on the spirituality of the painted lands, vibrant culture, and rich history to engage our patients in being active in their recovery.
Patients in our care will have the opportunity to participate in a unique alternative to a 12-step program that is built to enable long-lasting rehabilitation from substance use.
Our evidence-based treatment programs have an underlying emphasis on authentic, holistic approaches, focused on results that drive successful recoveries for you or your loved one.
Individualized Treatment Under the Painted Skies of Taos
Located in a city known for its traditional adobe buildings such as Taos Pueblo, a multistory adobe complex inhabited by Native Americans for centuries. Our clients can reflect on the community and togetherness that embodies the native culture here. They can learn about the traditions and focus on finding their own core personal identity.
Taos Men's Recovery Center is acutely aware that everyone needs a different treatment plan. Taos allows us to incorporate nature, spirituality, culture, and the history of the Southwest into different therapies shaped to each individual’s needs.
The intensive 4-week program in Taos creates an individualized and community-based approach to treatment. In collaboration with licensed clinical therapists, clients engage in individual psychotherapy and collaborate to create treatment plans to address their specific needs. This is accomplished by providing group therapies, psycho-educational groups, recreational activities, medical treatment & consultation.
We’re able to make sure each patient receives that individual care with our 1 to 6 staff-to-patient ratio, meaning that all our employees have plenty of time to get to know each of our clients.
Our evidence-based programming is determined through the individualized needs of each client and includes a variety of group and individual therapies, psychoeducation, and healing activities. This group approach is built around foundational pillars that are imperative to long-term recovery.
Each of the 4 weeks has a theme related to overcoming substance use, repairing self and relationships, and enhancing the quality of life. We walk with our clients through each week:
- Grief & loss (a quiet, covert contributor to substance use)
- Trauma & shame (trauma as a gateway drug)
- Spirituality & recovery (substance use as a spiritual disease)
- Identity & finding self (loss of self in substance use disorders)
Additionally, we pride ourselves on addressing psychiatric and health concerns by incorporating psychiatry, holistic treatment modalities, nutritional consultation & education, and integrated medical care.
Everyone with a substance use disorder has different reasons for using drugs or alcohol and will go home to different environments after graduating from our program. By helping our patients become more at ease with their authentic selves, we can help set up a foundation for successful recovery.
CALL US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TAOS MEN'S DETOX AND RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION TREATMENT CENTER
Our Numbers Don’t Lie, Our Dual Diagnosis Center is First-rate!
As many as 40% of people living with a substance use disorder have a co-occurring mental disorder that has either caused or exacerbated their substance use. Due to this, Shadow Mountain Recovery provides a treatment approach targeting not only substance use but also mental health issues. We have psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, counselors, social workers, and peer support personnel as a part of our team of professional staff. This allows our program to ensure that underlying mental health issues are thoroughly assessed and treated competently. Shadow Mountain Recovery touts some impressive outcomes with its innovative approaches.
Treating underlying mental health issues ensures recovery is more likely to happen. As evidenced by our industry-leading program completion rates, our dual diagnosis focus also enables our clients to complete the full program, even if they have habitually failed to complete other programs in the past. Among the 267 clients discharged between January 31, 2019, and January 31, 2020, a total of 90% across the various facilities successfully completed treatment. Every center had at least 85% successful completion.
Our master’s level clinicians are available to every client staying at our inpatient mental health facility. In addition to daily groups and twice-weekly private therapy sessions, our patients will be able to:
- Utilize healing outdoor spaces
- Engage in sobriety with a meaningful and reflective curriculum
- Take full advantage of the cultural wealth of the Taos arts community
In the rocky land, dotted with sagebrush nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains, the landscape may appear to some as barren, but in truth, many plants and animals make their home under the turquoise skies.
This is a testament to the resilience that inhabits every one of us.
Our clients can draw from the nature that surrounds them, and realize that they too, have the resilience to not only live but thrive in any surroundings.
A Unique Alcoholism Treatment Center
Shadow Mountain’s treatment programs stand out among the rest. Most alcohol use disorder treatment at other rehabs only offers 12-step programming. While 12-step recovery models have been tremendously successful for many people worldwide, the approach simply does not work for everyone. We are sensitive to this and utilize and expose clients to alternative recovery modalities for a unique and holistic approach.
Shadow Mountain Taos introduces clients to a variety of options, from 12-step recovery principles to SMART recovery, Dharma recovery, and Refuge recovery.
Many of our clients are able to connect with the mystique and spirituality that helps define the Southwest. That is why we take a more all-inclusive spiritual approach. Keeping in mind our Taos community members, we offer programs such as:
- Native healing rituals (sweat lodge, prayer)
- Holistic modalities (i.e., meditation, mindfulness, acupuncture, yoga, body & breathwork)
- Emotionally focused therapy (EFT)
- Expressive arts & music (music studio, musicians on staff, inviting clients to bring instruments and play music)
- Health & fitness activities (fitness center, hiking, nutrition, meal planning, basketball, volleyball)
In addition, our program engages in community service activities by volunteering at a local food pantry and assisting local non-profit organizations with maintaining their grounds and supporting their special projects.
Addiction Treatment as a Mental Health Service
Shadow Mountain combines quality medical care with psychology and counseling.
Taking a full mental health approach to substance use disorders also requires teaching our male clients self-care, and ensuring that they have a proper after-care plan in place when they leave our rehab center.
We treat each of our clients as people, looking not only at their past but at all their medical and mental needs to get back on track.
- Holistic substance use disorder treatment that includes mental health
- Activities-based therapy to help build physical health
- Life skills taught to ensure an appropriate mental health regimen can be continued after treatment
- Whole-body treatment that includes healthy meal planning
The Most Committed Rehabilitation Center in Northern New Mexico
As with all of Shadow Mountain Recovery Centers, we are fully committed to the success of each of our clients. We address all substance use disorders and our unique recovery center is specifically designed to assess and treat any underlying mental health challenges. At the same time, we also help to repair and resolve the family and relationship issues that have been damaged by substance use.
Program features include:
- 28-day residential program with 24/7 staffing
- Licensed mental health therapists, counselors, social workers, nurses, medical providers, nutritional consultation, and psychiatrists
- A gorgeous location close access to the mountains, the desert, and the town of Taos
- 12 months of aftercare support
- Direct access to Shadow Mountain’s outpatient treatment services and our intensive family treatment weekends
- 1:6 staff/client ratio
- Emphasis on trauma-informed (including EMDR therapy), dual-diagnosis, individualized treatment of substance use disorder, mental health, and relationship problems
- Case management services for comprehensive needs assessment and referrals to meet those needs
- On-campus & community-based recovery meetings (12-step, AA/NA, etc.)
- Multiple staff with their own recovery journeys to share
- Gender-specific treatment for men
- A network of Shadow Mountain Recovery alumni to help support early and long-lasting recovery
Shadow Mountain Taos Amenities:
- 20+ beds
- World-class chef
- 37-acre property at about 9000 feet elevation
- Well-equipped gym
- Basketball court
- Yoga & meditation studio
- Access to multiple hiking trails
- Proximity to varied recreational activities such as floating on the Rio Grande, overnight camping, local fishing, and driving along scenic byways
- State parks, national monuments & forests
- Views of the Rocky & the Sangre de Cristo mountain ranges
CALL TODAY TO LEARN MORE
Our admissions counselors are standing by, ready to help you learn more about how our rehabilitation program can help you or a loved one today. Don’t hesitate to call us at (855) 266-3954 or reach us via email or text today. You can learn more about Shadow Mountain Recovery Center – Taos by browsing the links below.
We wish you the best in your journey toward lasting sobriety and improving the overall quality of your life and that of your family and loved ones. We hope we can help you along that journey.
Taos Drug Rehab for Men
250 Shadow Mountain Road
Taos, NM 87571
CALL US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR ADDICTION TREATMENT PROGRAM