Holistic Treatment for AddictionHealing the Whole Person
Understanding Holistic Addiction Treatment
Holistic addiction treatment addresses the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of addiction, intending to promote overall health and well-being. By considering a person’s entire life experience, holistic addiction treatment can provide a more comprehensive and effective path toward recovery than traditional treatments alone.
When you undertake holistic addiction treatment, we tailor your treatment plans to you as an individual. We treat your underlying issues to promote self-empowerment and self-care and emphasize prevention and wellness.
Holistic Addiction Treatment at Shadow Mountain Recovery
Alcohol and drug addiction are serious and complex issues requiring an integrated treatment approach. That’s why here at Shadow Mountain Recovery, we use many different approaches to treatment to help you achieve and maintain sobriety.
Holistic treatments that can treat drug addiction include:
- Tai Chi
- Nutrition therapy
- Animal therapy
- Exercise classes
- Acupuncture/ Acudetox
- Physical therapy
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- Sound therapy
- Biofeedback and Neurofeedback
- Life skills training
- Ear Seeding
- Healthy cooking classes
- Energy healing
- Spiritual healing
At Shadow Mountain Recovery, we use the following treatment modalities, among others:
- Yoga. Yoga started as a spiritual practice but gained popularity in recent years as a way to improve physical and mental well-being.
- Tai Chi. Uses deep breathing and calm, flowing motions to enhance physical and mental well-being.
- Meditation. Meditation is a mind and body practice involving learning to focus your attention and awareness to achieve a mentally clear, emotionally calm, and stable state.
- Exercise. These classes can improve physical health, reduce stress and anxiety levels, and promote well-being and self-empowerment, all of which can contribute to a successful recovery.
- Journaling. This practice can provide a safe and confidential outlet for expressing emotions, identifying triggers and patterns, and reflecting on progress, leading to greater self-awareness, emotional regulation, and personal growth. All of these improvements can help with your recovery journey.
- Acupuncture/Acudetox. This treatment places small needles at specific points on your body to stimulate the release of endorphins, naturally occurring brain chemicals that reduce pain and anxiety. Acupuncture can help balance hormones and restore balance in the body, which can help you while you go through detox from substance use.
- Ear Seeding. Involves the application of small seeds or beads to specific points on the ear using adhesive tape to stimulate nerve endings and promote healing and relaxation throughout the body.
- Healthy Cooking. Nutrition and diet play an important role in recovering from addiction. Eating a balanced diet helps to restore mental and physical health, reduce cravings, and improve overall well-being. By learning how to cook healthy meals, you can gain valuable nutrition education and practical cooking skills to improve your physical health, reduce stress, and support long-term recovery.
- Life Skills Training. This treatment focuses on your internal resources and strengths to help you cope with substance use issues. Life skills training helps develop positive decision-making, effective communication, problem-solving, and anger management skills and teaches you how to apply them to everyday life. You gain the tools to make healthy choices and build resilience against addiction triggers.
By addressing the multiple factors contributing to addiction, we address all aspects of the problem and increase the likelihood of long-term recovery and sobriety.
How Holistic Rehab Can Help
Holistic therapies allow you to take control of your physical and mental health. They can help you manage stress, reduce anxiety, and improve your overall well-being.
Holistic rehab facilities treat more than addiction. They can help you manage many different conditions, including:
- Drug addiction
- Alcohol Use Disorder
- Poor physical health
- Mental health concerns
Holistic treatments are an effective way to overcome substance use and gain control of your life. Through holistic treatments, you can start your journey to overcome substance use problems while gaining control of your life. When you complete treatment at Shadow Mountain Recovery, you’ll experience:
- Improved physical health
- Reduced anxiety
- Higher self-esteem
- Healthier relationships
- Improved mood
- Better stress management
- Increased coping skills
- Better emotional regulation
- Increased self-awareness
Individualized Plans for Holistic Addiction Treatment
At Shadow Mountain, we understand that successful recovery depends on treating you as a full person, not just stopping symptoms.
Holistic treatment is tailored to each individual and is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Our qualified team creates treatment plans for each client based on their unique needs and circumstances.
By incorporating various holistic therapies into our individualized treatment plans, we can help to improve your chances of long-term recovery and allow you to lead a better quality of life.
Call Us Now
Don’t wait another day to get the help you or a loved one needs.